Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rating House

House. One word, simple, mysterious, and it makes for a great show. I am not a big TV buff. I do not have time to sit around and watch television vomit. I have more important things to do with my life. I call it vomit because most shows are just a different form of the same idea or concept. House for me is different. It has factual information and has a good plot and dynamic characters. I know a lot of people who love House even the ratings are showing it. I like it because of the time as well. It is on FOX (a personal favorite channel) on Mondays at 8. Actually the time has changed several times. It used to be on Tues and then Mondays and I think a few times it was on Wed. but I could be wrong. Either way it is always in the late evening which a nice because you can sit back an relax after a hard days work, This week it came in third on the Nielson ratings of top watched shows. I think that is wonderful because coming in fourth is Grey’s Anatomy. Which to me a more soap opera like version of House. Grey’s is a more of a over dramatic “Oh my God! She slept with him?!” deal. Personally, I am just not into all that.

For not liking a lot of TV shows I do like American Idol. Actually I lied I was obsessed with American Idol and House in High School… now I don’t have time to sleep much less watch TV. You may laugh but I was such a religiously viewer of American Idol that I have the Hotline to vote in my cell. Sad, I know but it is about as addictive as tobacco… maybe worse because it is so readily available and no one is stopping us. American Idol is the top one and two on the Neilson ratings for this week. This comes to no surprise because it has been the top one and two since the season started. That is funny because the ratings are actually down for this season, compared to all the other seasons. IT is on Tues and Wed earlier in the evenings.

Comparing the two of my favorite shows I feel like House can hold its own against most other TV shows; however, as much as I love house I don’t think it could stand up to American Idol. There are just too many people who still watch American Idol to part with it. Also I think House would have a hard time being at the same time as American Idol because if you don’t watch American Idol every week you can get behind and confused. Unlike American Idol, House is a show which you can skip one or two and still understands what is going on for the most part. It is more individually based not season based.

No comments: